Sunday, January 13, 2008

A Little Late to the Game

You gotta cut me some slack. I totally rocked nablopomo, which I never thought I'd be able to do. I'm a little late with this one, but I haven't gone to bed so...uh...it still counts :).

I needed a break from talking about my parents...big surprise there. I'm sure you all needed one too. So I kinda just wanted to jump into some random stuff. I haven't really done that in a while.
  • I finished my second book of the 50 in '08 project. It was the sequel to Silent in the Grave by Deanna Raybourn called Silent in the Sanctuary. I found it this morning at Wal-Mart and, after some serious pleading in the book aisle with my husband, I tore into it as soo as I got home. I can not say enough about this woman as a writer. She is amazing. Once I got to the end and wanted to throw it across the room I wondered why I torture myself by reading books that run in a series. I HATE waiting for the next one to come out. I only had to wait a month or so for this one and I left a puddle of drool, and some of my dignity, in Wal-Mart's aisle. I was absolutely pathetic and I think my husband expected my head to spin around on my shoulders if he said no. How am I gonna wait for the next one?? I don't even have a release date for this one...it just says she is 'at work on the next book'. What does that mean? How long must I wait? Gahhhh!!
  • I watched a great new show tonight called 'How to look good naked' with that guy from Queer Eye...Carson something. Anyway, he takes large girls and works with them a couple of days and transforms their outlook on life. I would do it in a heartbeat. Seriously, there is nothing like a gay guy to teach you how to dress and feel better in your own skin. Ok, most of the time...I'm met some who do not fit that 'stereotype'. Anyway...I realize I probably just made myself seem really....something not nice. This is one of those times where it sounded really good and funny in my head and I got half way through it and thought What The ?? am I saying.
  • Sean and Chad are almost done with that stupid truck that is sitting in the back yard. They had to rebuild the motor. I will be glad to not be called out to the garage anymore to look at the next phase of completion or, like tonight, to hear it run. I realize they are proud and it was a lot of work. Trust me, I know...I was the one inside fighting with the kids. But they'd get me out there and start talking about the inner workings of the motor and this part slipping or not fitting and 30 seconds into the explanation forget that I was there and start discussing it between them.
  • Waiting for W-2's to come in is gonna drive me insane. Did I mention that I hate waiting??
  • Other than the guys working on the truck this was a pretty nice week. Chad was off work for vacation and I honestly have to say that it was nice having him here. I got to sleep in, have someone to talk to every now and then, get a break from the kids...even someone to share fighting with the boys after school. I thought I would hate this week...I dreaded it. Now I dread this coming week when things are back to just me again.
  • I had a girl in Wal-Mart asking my opinion on what the best diapers are after she saw some in my cart. I handled it well, even gave more thin a clip answer (go me!). My husband just kinda stared at me after she walked away, shook his head a bit and went back to drooling on the 42" LCD TV. Seriously, there are at least 3 of them that someone needs to clean all the man-drool off of. (I think there may have been a smidge of my drool on one of them.)
  • If my husband hints around or talks about one more computer game I'm going to take the cardboard box they come with and injur him as bad as humanly possible. Do you think that cardboard can slit a throat? (Just kidding........but, do you think it could?)
  • One show that absolutely got on my nerves tonight was....crap, I can't think of the name but it was something about a party planner in Orange County. Man the money that stupid people will throw away. And, OMG and the stupid drama that surrounds it. Yet I watched two episodes of it. I'm either a glutton for punishment or I was insanely bored and couldn't be bothered with sitting up and changing the channel. Perhaps it was both.

Ok, enough for now. Its crazy how my mind can flit from one thing to another sometimes.

1 comments:

Bri said...

Well, i don't think it would slit a throat, but it will give you a really nasty papercut, I know that from experience. Hmmm, you could try, probably won't kill him , but it will hurt! ;)