Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Long Week

You know, I hate missing days here. I really do.

But, I've been watching kids every freakin' day. Which isn't so bad...but its just me and 5 kids in a tiny trailer. I have no water hose hook-up, no pool, no place to ride bikes...it sucks. They get bored and then they fight.
The boys fight over legos, or because someone touched someone else's foot. There is a 9 year old pushing his boundaries (ie getting mouthy and sarcastic) and 2 boys the same age...one of which is my son who is having those anger/hitting issues that I don't understand. The girls....Omg, the girls. My daughter whines constantly. She's used to being the princess, totally in control of her surroundings. I get to hear, constantly, that Baby H is touching/looking at her..or she has a toy that Lylli doesn't want her to have...the list goes on.
There is constant screaming in this house...sometimes my own voice reaches the 'dogs could only hear it' pitch.
Usually I have Monday's and Thursday's with my kids only...but someone quit at Jenn's work so she's picking up the extra hours.
Don't get me wrong, I love my neice and nephews and would do ANYTHING for them...but people, I need a break every now and then. If I wanted 5 kids I would have had them, lol. I'm sure even that could be taken the wrong way - but I just don't have the patience to do it 7 days a week. I need some downtime, you know?

Now, for good news (I hope). My sister called tonight and invited me to come down to Myrtle Beach, SC with them in August for vacation. They're renting a condo and there will be quite a few people my age. I'm nervous because I haven't met a majority of them - and I'm fighting the urge to get excited because I've been let down a lot - but MAN would it be SWEET!
I've never been to the beach...or SC...or on vacation with my sister.
SO, I have a month to at least get some of the weight off. In no way could I lose enough to look 'good' in a bathing suit, but I'd at least like to not to get confused with a beached whale.

With that in mind I'm going to use my new NaBloPoMo blog to also help me lose weight and try to chart my progress. Its embarassing...but I hope that it will spur me on to do what I need to do. It won't be easy...not when I'm stuck in the house with 5 kids every day and starved for sleep 90% of the time, which kicks up my need for caffeine. Anyway, lol. Wish me luck :)

PS - For some reason some of your comments aren't coming to my e-mail and I only just realized I had some comments that I hadn't read. I'm sorry it took me so long to respond. BTW - is it proper blog etiquette to just comment back in the comments section, or should I be e-mailing my response?

3 comments:

Ronnica said...

Myrtle Beach is great. I went there last summer with a friend. It's still in South Carolina, so there's definitely some quirkiness, but anywhere with a beach is alright in my books.

As far as the response to comments thing, I believe it is best either to respond by email or to respond in a comment on their blog. That way you know they'll get it. I rarely check back on a post I commented on, even if I asked a question.

Amy said...

Hello! I found you over on TheMama's page and I really can relate to your 'kid' issue. I have my 2 girls and my boyfriends son and daughter every week day for the summer, and if it's any consolation, they fight, argue and whine just like you described, so you are not alone.
Needless to say, I am alone this weekend, for a much needed break and I am lovin' it!!

PS I just subscribed to you, so I will be reading and commenting :)

Kennis said...

Amy: Glad to have you here!! Yes, I do believe you understand me, lol.