Saturday, March 28, 2009

Sound of Silence

I'm sitting at my desk, catching up on the internet 'homes' of extended family. I realized, moments ago, that the house is silent inside - except for the chorus of snores I hear from the dog and my hubby. The back door is open and rain is falling.

Its serene and my mind is at peace - a place it has not been for a while.

I know I should be in bed, but I know that I will sleep and wake up in the morning to noise. The dog scratching at the back door to be let out, my daughter whining that she wants bread with butter, my stomach growling, possibly the phone ringing and Disney channel preschool shows. I'm just not ready for that yet.

I want to let this silence, this feeling of peace, to soak my soul. I want to wake up in the morning with it dripping off of me (and hopefully onto my children).

I want this peace to be present amidst the chaos.

1 comments:

Mackenzies Momma said...

I think this is the reason that I love night time so much. I relish the silence, and can just get lost in my own little world where nobody judges or cares.