Saturday, September 8, 2007

My Life Lately



You ever have one of those days where you just wonder what it's all about? I'm having one of those days...moments...lives. Like with these blogs...I don't think anyone ever reads them. So why do I do it? Is it this insane sense of needing something to do? Is it my quest for doing anything that resembles creativitiy?


Anway, I thought I'd play some catch up.


The Tuesday before Labor Day my bf Jenn and I went to Springfield to do some shopping. Something she and I have not gotten to do since I moved back. Usually we are loaded down with 5 kids or broke. We got ambitious that day and decided to have a girl's day at the mall. So it was just me and Jenn...and the two baby girls. A mommy/daughter day, if you will. All went well at the mall. Only a minor incident in Old Navy where I could not leave the store without buying the hot pink and black soccer ball for my little Princess. Well...until that guy from my recent state of habitation decided to rear-end us. I wish I had gotten a picture of his car.

Apparently, he had looked down at the map and completely forgot that he was in bumper-to-bumper traffic. He slammed into the back of us, completely crumpling the front of his dad's Dodge "I-paid-too-much-for-it" car. Once inside the nearest parking lot, and moments after opening my eyes to see the bumper of the van in front of us getting way too close, I jumped out to check on my Princess, who was screaming in the back seat. She was fine, but my heart nearly jumped out of my throat when I saw something brown smeared all over her leg, hands and face. I forgot about the chocolate mint she had snagged at the restaurant...all I know is that chocolate has never scared me so much in my life. Point of interest - it is not easy to open a wipey box when your hands are shaking and your body is in shock. Jenn's daughter awoke at impact long enough to scream and then went gently back to sleep. Thank God...I think Jenn would have been convicted of shaken-baby syndrome when it was all over. She was shaking so bad...she was scaring me. I'm pretty sure I blacked out for a second because I missed the part where our drinks flew out of the cupholders and onto my pack of cigarettes. Yeah...that Tuesday is not a day I ever want to re-live.


On Friday I came down with the worst case of bronchitis I've ever had, as stated in a previous post. 2 hours in the hospital ER and all I got out of it that day was a quick "You have bronchitis" and some antibiotic...and a hefty $550 bill. I had to have a steroid injection in both cheeks (monday) and felt just groovy for the rest of the day. But that was after going to see my mom in Kansas for the holiday weekend and not being able to breathe. I've just now gotten to the point where I'm not constantly panting and wheezing.


Today Jenn and I went to Springfield again...with all 5 kids which turned into yet another day that I do not wish to relive any time soon. We made out with a wonderful trip to McDonalds and 3 pairs of white football pants. However, I had to come home and remove my shoes and socks quickly. Jenn parked in a flood and I completely soaked myself. The boys loved it though. Oh yeah, water to the shins baby...Rock On!
And to top it all off, I give you one awful pic of me...but totally fun one of Jenn.

0 comments: