Wednesday, April 14, 2010

New Life Coming

Wow....my world has been rocked and turned upside down since my last post. I quit smoking and drinking soda, which lost me 20 pounds. I was starting to exercise and feeling awesome health-wise. Until last wednesday when I was leaving the house I had just exercised in and stepped of the porch wrong onto uneven ground. I sprained my ankle...and this was no simple sprain. The doctor was surprised my ankle was not broken...she called it an Inversion sprain. I tried to put my foot down 3 times to catch my balance...by the 3rd time it hit me that I was literally putting all my weight on the outside of my foot, which was completely parallel to the ground. When I realized what was happening I just let myself fall and hoped for the best.

I laid there and yelled "OMG, I think I broke it, OMG..." over and over again....it was not my proudest moment. After about 30 seconds of yelling I realized what a lunatic I was being and twisted myself around to sit up....I could not move my foot at all...only my leg.
When I got to the hospital this is what it looked like:

ankle2

A couple days, and a generous dose of vinegar applied to take down swelling and bring out the bruise, it looked like this:

IMG_0053

Please ignore the dry skin, lol. It really wasn't my priority, lol.

I'm only just now starting to get some mobility back...and I found out that crutches are the bane of my existence.

This injury could not have come at a worse time.....I was exercising, eating better, losing weight, feeling generally awesome........and getting ready to leave my husband.

Next Monday or Tuesday I will be leaving this house, with my babies, and going to live with my brother and his family for a little while until I can get a place of my own. 5 years ago this nearly happened...but for all the wrong reasons.....now, 5 years later, I have had enough of the little things that aren't right...I'm tired of broken promises.....I'm standing up and saying "Enough".
This is hard...and I'm not telling anyone because I want pity...I don't. I don't want to be talked out of it....I just want to document my life and THIS is my life.

Thank you for listening and I'll be around again soon to tell you how things are going.

0 comments: