Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Sheer insanity?

Jenn is back at work today and I'm here with the girls. I feel much better after yesterday...though my eyebrows feel a little bare :).
I realized this morning that I don't do well with boredom. Here's what happened: I was thinking about the wax job I got last night. That moved me into thinking about my 365 Self-Portrait project, in doing pics of myself I realized just how bad my ole brows were getting. I also noticed that I am getting hair on my upper lip. NO, I will not call it a mustache, I refuse to. It was merely a little...ok, more than a little, hair. Then I thought, 'Hey, I can do it myself."
Stupid.

Here I am in the bathrom, applying wax to my upper lip with a toothpick, feeling pretty funky with myself.....until I pulled the strip off. OMG it is NOT easy to do yourself, I don't care what anyone says. I can't even pull a band-aid off without wetting it down first and taking it slowly. However, first one was done and I couldn't just go around with half a must...an upper lip of facial hair. Right? So, I prepared another patch of skin..I mean hair. I got ready to rip the strip again and counted to 3. IN FRENCH! I counted, ripped, winced and then thought, "What the heck? Did I just count in French? I'm not French...I don't even know French." (I actually had to google it to make sure I wasn't just spouting out gibberish as a result of the pain.)
I laughed at myself, shook my head and tried to count in English...hurt even more. So, for future waxing reference, French it is :).

Ike has his first concert of his Missouri life tonight. Apparently they aren't allowed to celebrate Christmas because the concert is about "..several children surrounding a computer, surfing the net, learning about music from different countries and cultures...". I asked Jennifer if they will be doing a Holiday program later in the year...apparently not. Though I think the concept of the program is pretty cool, I wonder what this world is coming to. Of course, this comes from the same primary school (public school too) that will not allow the children to have mohawks.
I'll have pictures for you tomorrow, unless of course they ban all forms of enjoyment and individualism and take my camera away.

3 comments:

Bri said...

Remind me to tell you about the time I tried to wax my bikini line. (shudder)

Kennis said...

Oh Lord..Jenn and I had talked about doing that too...but have our husbands help. I said NO WAY do I want him down there with hot wax and a strip of fabric with the sole intention of pulling out the hair..UhUh..No Way!! I would Love to hear your story...Jenn is still considering it...cuz she's odd like that.

Indada said...

HAHA OMG I can't even imagine trying something like that on my own.