Monday, April 21, 2008

Leaks and Heat

The joy of moving into a new place is that you don't know everything about it that you could.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned the leak in the living room ceiling, but it got worse. It finally dropped a bit and poured water all over our new tv and the stand. I've spent all day nervous as heck because we are supposed to get some rain/storms tonight and tomorrow. Thankfully the owner sent over someone to put tar on the roof - now we hope for the best.

Also - now that days are getting warmer our living room is an oven by afternoon. Like, you walk in the door and need to strip and hose down with ice water, oven. Its baaad. Sunday afternoon Sean and I were gonna take a nap and decided to break down and turn on the A/C. It kicked on, air blew threw the vents - but it is NOT cold...not even cool. Soooo, I woke him up with hopes of getting the window unit plugged in. The kids were sweating BAD, with red cheeks and clammy bodies. Yeah, well, the plug for the wall unit and the outlet looked burnt. I don't know what was going on with it - but its just not safe.

So, we'll see if we can get anyone out here over the next few days. Hopefully it will rain and cool things off again.

I just realized I'm SOOO not ready for heat. Nuh-uh, not even a little bit.

2 comments:

Marylin said...

Oh I am so not a hot weather person... and I live in Scotland! I don't think I could handle the heat where you are!

Melissa said...

This is a nightmare. I hope you can get it worked out.