Saturday, June 27, 2015


I've been trying to figure out what to write about.  I read back through some old posts and realized I had said a whole lot of nothing, for a long time.  Now I'm a bit overwhelmed trying to decide how to document 3+ years of my life.  What comes first?

December of 2009 I have 12 posts - some about my life and family, some were About Me quiz's.  Then everything drastically drops off with a post or 2 a month.  Most of them quick little 'filler' posts.  At that time I was dealing with my depression again - I felt like I was just wading through quicksand every day.  

 In April of 2010 there are 2 posts. 1 is mostly about the inversion sprain that I had experienced with my ankle and both of them tell of me leaving my now ex-husband.  After that my life got scattered and crazy. Sometimes I had internet, I worked a lot, I spent time without my kids while they were with their dad and I was working a lot to try to get back on my feet. I did a lot of soul searching and and discovered how amazing my kids are - I became a better mom because I had to fight so hard...and I'm grateful for that.  In July 2010 I wrote This post - where I read and am transported back to that time and can feel the pain all over again - is a great example of what life was like for me.

In December 2010 I lost my job at a local theater.  I loved that job and I loved my boss.  It was a great way to get back into the workforce after being a stay-at-home mom.  I was sad to see it go, but in a way it opened a door for me to a MUCH better job :).  In March of 2011, I started working for an amazing company that I'm still blessed to be a part of.  I've worn a few different hats and I am so grateful that I get to be a part of what we do there.

In May of 2011 I started living in a weekly-rental motel, the first step to getting back on my feet, and experienced the horror of bed bugs.  They derailed my progress for a little bit, but after wrapping my new king size bed in plastic, taping it up with duct tape and putting it in a hot storage shed for a summer, I have been able to use it again.

January of 2012 I conquered my fear and rode in a helicopter for the first time. In May of 2012 I was hospitalized for a week with pneumonia. In July of 2012 I wrote about getting my passport.

Then silence.....

What I didn't write about in June 2010 is that Lars was here for the first time.  He and I met in person, he met the kids and my mother...  It was an amazing experience that I didn't document and as I sit here now, I can't understand why not.  I guess what I really need to do is start with June 2010 and work my way forward and fill in the holes :).  I think writing about what he and I have been going through as a couple, and as a new family, will be a nice direction to take this blog :).