Friday, October 26, 2007

Flickr Favorites and Good News


This week's flickr favorites can be found HERE.
You know...I had the hardest time waiting until Friday to post those. I may have to do a flickr favs twice a week :).
Up until about 6 months ago I was very active in an online Pyramids card league in Yahoo!. We played in Isdes and called ourselves the Mickey Mouse League. I was an admin...among other things, and I loved it. Life started getting the better of all of us and I had to resign. Depression and things being so hectic just didn't allow me to do the things that I loved doing. Now that our lives are somewhat better, I've tried going in the room but participation has dropped to nearly nothing.
Last night one of my friend's in Australia asked anyone that wanted a tournament to come in the room. I played...and won...and got to chat to some friends I haven't talked to in a while. Apparently, such a long while that one of them was able to get engaged. I was floored and incredibly excited. After joking with her for a bit she told me that she would love for me to be the photographer. Yay!!!!! I started bouncing on the bed. Its the best news I've had in a while. It won't be until March of next year....but that will give me enough time to get some things I need...like an external flash and 50mm lens.

0 comments: